jeanchartron-pic.png

jean chartron

BURGUNDY | FRANCE

The history of the Chartron Family is closely entwined with that of Burgundy, and more precisely with that of Puligny Montrachet. Jean Edouard Dupard, the first of the dynasty, obtained when mayor of Puligny in 1879, the right to associate the name of the village to the most famous vineyard “Le Montrachet”.

From father to son, the Chartron are men of the soil. Not of any soil, but the varied and magical soil of Burgundy. The area is a study in excellence of the expression of the soil in wines. Parcels of different type and structure, geological variations offer a complex and diverse range of wines.

With the passage of time, acreage of the domaine has increased to twelve hectares in Puligny Montrachet and its neighboring villages and nowadays Domaine Chartron is one of the most superb estates in the village of Puligny Montrachet, in particular for the quality of its premier and grand crus vineyards.